On 4 March 1957 the Maglificio Daco mill, founded in 1921, reopened its doors thanks to the new owner Gian Ludovico Dini who, nine years later, changed its name to Dama S.p.A. Every aspect of the production took place within the company, from the production of yarns to the creation of the boxes used to package the clothing. Items were even shipped throughout the world thanks to a prestigious partnership with Christian Dior and Balenciaga.
A JOURNEY AND AN INSPIRATION
At the start of the 1970s Paolo Dini, the eldest son of Gian Ludovico, foundind himself by chance in a small sailmaker's workshop during a trip to Maine, where the sail from an old 18th-century clipper caught his attention. Its inscription read: Paul&Shark,: and iIt was fate.View more products from Paul & Shark